UniFi are gaining popularity now but most users complain about the Dlink router that come with it was giving so much problem and always hang. Some try to find alternative router to use with UniFi but failed on dialing up on Huawei fiber modem as on UniFi network they are having 3 VLAN consist of Data, IPTV and Voice call.
For Enterprise user they are mainly use on Data VLAN and those firewall or router that support PPPoE over VLAN can actually replace that Dlink. Here i wrote a simple guide on how to replace Dlink router with Cyberoam UTM that have the PPPoE over VLAN capabilities.
1) Login to Cyberoam Web GUI
2) Go to “Network” -> “Interface”
3) Set the Port that you required to use for WAN and change the setting to use static IP. Provide a dummy IP on this interface.
4) Then click on “Add VLAN” and the following screen appear
If you have forgotten the UniFi password, please click here on how to recover the password. Thanks to Wing Loon for the tips on how to recover UniFi password.
5) The following is the screenshot of the completed setting once you press “OK” button on steps 4 above.
You can see that PortB.500 is connected with the UniFi Public IP.
The physical connection will be direct connection from the Telekom Huawei Fiber modem to Cyberoam WAN port and remove all the cable to DLink DIR-615 router. If you required to use the Dlink wireless, then you need to change the setting on the Dlink router.