Just upgraded my Nokia XM 5800 firmware yesterday as the previous version 3.1 was extremely unstable causing a lot of inconvenience when using the phone. The most problematic that I encounter is when answering any call, I just can’t hear anything from the caller said. At that time you will notice that any number you press on the virtual keypad was muted as well, so the only was to resolve this is change the profile from general to meeting then changing it back and it back to normal.
I was thinking to reset my phone and see if the problem will go away but I’m stuck on trying to reset it back to factory default where it asking for the lock code and i can’t recall nor know what is the lock code. So i try my luck on the internet and just found out that newer firmware version 40.0.005 was released. I would not aspect it free from any other bug but better than keeping this old firmware so i just give it a try. The update was just easy, you just need to have an internet access and browse to the device updates to get the update. You can refer to my previous write up here on how to upgrade the firmware.
The most noticeable thing after upgrading the firmware was the performance and responsive of the UI is much more smoother and faster plus there is few of the enhancement included like below:-
- New: Kinetic Scrolling across most of the menus.
- New: Contacts Bar where you can add upto 4 contacts.
- New: Ovi Contacts.
- New: Widgetized Shortcuts homescreen similiar to Nokia 5530.
- Download! app has now been removed. Anyways it had become redundant after the release of Ovi Store client.
- QWERTY Keyboard Automatically Rotates on the text input screens.
- Under Applications, “App Update” has now been changed to “SW Update” similiar to Nokia N97 and N97 Mini.
- Better Responsive UI.
Upgrade your phone today and wait no more….