Everyone seem to like Nokia ExpressMusic 5800 as it comes with touch screen UI and rich features that made you keep in touch in every way. Since this unit comes with builtin GPS and the Nokia maps does not really works well, everyone are looking for alternate maps program like Garmin XT that works well with Symbian S60 that just release recently.
Here i wrote a guide on how to install the Garmin and make it works:-
1) First you need to download the following files
– Download Garmin XT for Symbian S60 version 5.00.30
– Download Malaysia and Singapore maps (this map is unlocked)
– Download Support Files (sound files)
– Download key gen
2)Extract all the download files into “c:\temp\garmin”
3) Connect your phone to computer via USB connection and select “PC Suite” connection on you phone or you can plug in the memory card direct to computer.
4) Copy the files from “c:\temp\garmin\Garmin Mobile XT v5.00.30 for Symbian\” folder into the root of the memory card.
5) Copy the map file into “\Garmin\” under the memory card.
6) Then you need to activate the Garmin software by using the key gen, you need to find the ID Card under the Garmin program “Setting” –> “System” –> “About”. Write down the ID Card in order to generate the code. Once you get the generated code, paste the code into a notepad and save the filename as SW.UNL. Copy the SW.UNL file into the memory card \Garmin\ folder.
7) Double check the GPS setting whether is used the “Attached/Built-in GPS” under the “Setting” –> “System” –> “Remote GPS”. You notice that you can’t change the setting right? Press on disable button and you will able to see what is the current setting enabled, if the setting is “Attached/Buitl-in GPS” then click enable to activate it.
Mission accomplish, you have Garmin Maps on your Nokia XM5800 so start explorer.
*Please make sure you backup your data with Nokia PC Suite before proceeding with the installation as you might required to reset your unit incase the installation failed.